Midland County Child Welfare Board
The Midland County Child Welfare Board is a volunteer-run board that operates as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and works closely with Texas Child Protective Services to provide comforts to foster children that the state does not. Their services include:
- Birthday and Christmas gifts to each child
- Emergency clothing and respite care for children who are abruptly put into care
- Transportation for parents to attend supervised visits with their children
- Graduation events for children in care
- Promote adoption, foster parenting, and support Child Protecting Services programs
- Fulfill miscellaneous needs as requested – car seats, cribs, bedding, summer camps, etc.
The Midland County Child Welfare Board aims to raise awareness about the issue of child abuse and how to prevent it.